Heather L. Gilbraith is an artist, illustrator, and writer living and working in Vancouver, BC with her husband and her adorable sidekick, her crested gecko, Squishy. She received her Bachelors in Fine Arts at Emily Carr University of Art and Design in 2015 where she majored in Illustration.
Since obtaining her BFA she started writing and drawing her own webcomic, Sable & Aster, a story about a young orphaned girl and her best friend who happens to be a dragon. The story is ever evolving, but Heather’s excited to see where it leads. You can read the first chapter of Sable & Aster starting here.
She also collaborates with the inimitable writer and comedian Eric Fell on The Critical Hit Show Comic, a comic version of the hilarious and fantastic roleplaying game-based improv comedy show The Critical Hit Show, which plays at the Rio Theatre in Vancouver at the end of every month.
In addition to comics, illustration, and storyboarding she’s also a huge fan of ceramics (wheel throwing, primarily) and printmaking (intaglio and relief).
|Follow Heather on your social media of choice:|
- 2018 – Vancouver Comic Arts Festival at The Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre, Vancouver, BC
- 2016 – The 8th Annual CARDED! at Hot Art Wet City, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 – The Show at Emily Carr University, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 – It’s a Sheep Show at Hot Art Wet City, Vancouver, BC
- 2015 – Vancouver: Interpreted at The Fall Tattooing and Artist’s Gallery, Vancouver, BC
- 2014 – The Blue Show at The Ayden Gallery, Vancouver, BC